Sunday, April 19, 2009

God is in the roses and the thorns




My roses suddenly became covered with aphids (the picture is of my aphids before I sprayed) this week end so I went out and sprayed then all with a soap solution (including 2 neighbors roses, but don't tell them , because I like to pick their roses if I need them, so it is in my best interest to keep their roses healthy too). I was glad I used soap instead of pesticides, because before I was done there were bees and lady bugs hanging out on the roses.


While spraying, I got thinking about Rose Ann Cash's song "God is in the roses" ( and the thorns) so here are the lyrics.


Warning, she write this song after she lost her father, mother and step mother in one year.


That experience caused her to do a whole album, which I recommend, I listen to it about once a week. The album is called Black Cadilac and was released in 2006. http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/cash-rosanne/god-is-in-the-roses-19528.html




God is in the roses


The petals and the thorns


Storms out on the oceans


The souls who will be born


And every drop of rain that falls Falls for those who mourn


God is in the roses and the thorns


The sun is on the cemetery


Leaves are on the stones


There never was a place on earthThat felt so much like home


We're falling like the velvet petals


We're bleeding and we're torn


But God is in the roses and the thorns


I love you like a brother


A father and a son


It may not last forever and ever


But it never will be done


My whole world fits inside the momentI saw you be reborn


God is in the roses


And that day was filled with roses


God is in the roses and the thorns

No comments: