Saturday, June 13, 2009

Nine Pound Hammer




There are lots of songs about a nine pound hammer. I think most are blue grass or old timey. A nine pound hammer is the one that the chain gangs used to use, kinda like in the movie "O brother where art Thou? A nine pound hammer is not a good thing unless i guess you are using it voluntarily to fix your driveway or something.
So why am I talking about a 9 pound hammer and who is listening anyway?
I work in a 5 attorney office and we were down to 3 attorneys this week so i have had a very hectic week and was unable to completes tasks that HAVE be completed by this coming Tuesday. the law profession is one where oftentimes (luckily not always though) a deadline is a deadline and there are true and serious consequences to be suffered if the deadline is not met. That is a long way of saying I had to work today, but I am now finished with the vast majority of the task that had been hanging over my head.
I feel like I have thrown down the 9 pound hammer, that is why I'm talking about implements of destruction.
Have a good weekend all, I will, I feel much much better!!

No comments: